2011年4月13日 星期三

survey project reflection

It is my first time to creat a online survey. Of course, it is also my first time using Japanese in the survey. I know more about the popularity of animation in Japan and how Japanese look at animation. As there are not many respondants, so the survey cannot present the whole idea clearly, we cannot say it is the result of all Japanese. But still, we know more and some of the answer is quite similar to our expectation.

  At the beginning, when Yuuki and I was designing the questions, we faced some problems. We wanted to ask many things, but at the same time, we wanted to asked something more deeply. At the end, we just divided our survey into parts. As it is a survey, we did not hope to have many opened questions, so it was not easy to think many choices and thus the questions changed for many times.

In the future project, if I can have changes based on this survey, I would like to consider more before start thinking the questions. In this survey, we actually assumed all respondants have watched animation before. Then, we started creating questions. About finish, we start thinking what if those respondants really have not watched before, should we separate them? But, we didn't want to change the questions again, so we just assigned some questions for them to answer. So, I hope I can consider each case clearly before start creating the questions next time.

Another thing I want to improve is the connection between questions. As the website cannot show one question only and it can't skip some questions, it made the result a little bit odd. For example, in Q3, if you answer yes, you have to move to Q4, if no, move to Q10. The number of answer in Q4 is more than the number of respondants answer yes in Q3. So, I think they got confused in answering which questions as we just had some instruction after the answer.

I think there is one technical limitation. Two websites were provided for us to upload the questions, as we had 12 questions, I heard from my friend that one of the website cannot accept more than 10 questions (I don't know is true or not, but it is the reason we use the other website. So, we assume it is true^^). But in our original survey, for the answer of "other", we want respondants to type more, to specify the answers. However, the website we used don't allow this. It provides either MC or opened question. So, we delete that part.

All in all, I learn many in this project. I know more about animation in Japan, how to creat a survey online and of course I learn Japanese.

P.S: the website of our survey: http://enq-maker.com/d0wgkBW

2 則留言:

  1. One good thing of using blog to share the findings is that all people in the globe can see your efforts.It's good to see how your class is learning~

    回覆刪除
  2. that's true^^
    I think it is one of the amazing things that invent internet.

    回覆刪除